Thursday, June 15, 2023

Poem ontrek in tawang

 In the land of snow and mist,

Where the mountains rise and twist,

I embarked on my first trek,

To Jerjong Tso Lake, a sight to check.


I was posted in Tawang, in Intelligence Bureau,

A job that demanded courage and virtue,

But this trek was a different kind of test,

One that would put my endurance to the test.


The journey began with a steep climb,

My heart racing, but I knew it was time,

To push myself beyond my limits,

To reach the lake, a place of exquisite beauty and spirits.


As I walked through the rugged terrain,

My mind and soul were free from strain,

The snow-capped peaks and the glistening lake,

Were a sight that made my heart ache.


At the trijunction of Indo-China border,

I felt a sense of pride and honour,

To be standing at a place so rare,

A moment that I would forever cherish and share.


The journey back was equally tough,

But my spirit was strong and enough,

To face any obstacle that came my way,

And emerge victorious at the end of the day.


Now, as I look back at that trek so bold,

I realise that it was worth more than gold,

For it taught me the power of resilience,

And the beauty of nature's magnificence.

No comments: